COVID-19 UPDATETop of Page
Update: Superintendent's Message to CommunityTop of Page
- Free and accessible PPE: All students and employees and anyone else on a school site must wear a properly fitted mask each day covering both mouth and nose. All our schools have a stock of free masks for any student who needs one or who needs a replacement. If a student or employee would like to double-mask, we will provide an extra mask for that, too, for free. Our school sites are also stocked with hand sanitizer.
- Timely Communication Regarding Exposures: The District expresses its gratitude for those students and families who have reported the positive COVID-19 test results. The District continues to provide timely exposure notifications so that you can remain informed and so that you can make positive choices for your student and/or yourself.
- Ventilation: The ventilation filtration systems in all of the District’s schools, classrooms and facilities have been upgraded to meet public health recommendations and OSHA safety standards.
- Testing: The District distributed more than 22,000 home antigen rapid tests to students last week. (Each test pack has two tests in it) The District has only a limited supply of COVID-19 rapid tests for students and staff returning to school/work after testing positive. In addition, the District has a testing policy in place for employees. Santa Clara County continues to offer free testing. You can schedule an appointment for a free COVID-19 test through the following link: https://covid19.sccgov.org/covid-19-testing. As is being reported, there is a limited supply of tests available locally and statewide, including take-home rapid antigen tests. Federal and state government officials have announced that large quantities of rapid tests are being purchased for general distribution. The District continues to monitor the widespread availability of those tests and, as recently done, will be available to assist in the distribution of those test kits once available.
- Vaccination: The District continues with its vaccination and testing policy for all employees. We continue to encourage vaccination and boosters for all students and community members who are eligible. Full vaccination has been shown to prevent serious disease and hospitalization from COVID-19.
Free At-Home COVID-19 Test Kits for All StudentsTop of Page
- The at-home tests being provided have been approved by the FDA under Emergency Use Authorization as rapid antigen tests with results in under 30 minutes.
- There are two (2) tests per kit. Each test kit and test is intended to be used and taken by the same student. The tests should be taken 1-3 days apart as per the manufacturer’s instructions for use. This program will provide the most meaningful information and protection if each of you takes the 2 tests during the first week of the semester.
- Below is a link to instructions on how to use the at-home testing kits and how to report results.
- There is no requirement to use the rapid tests or to submit the test results to the District. We are making them available as an additional resource for students as they return to school and to keep our students and their families and our staff safe.
- If you are symptomatic please stay home and get tested immediately.
- Masks are required for indoor spaces for all students and staff at our campuses and the Education Center unless you are eating, drinking or working alone in an enclosed office. If you do not have a mask, please let a District staff person know and a mask will be provided to you for free.
- The California Department of Public Health has updated quarantine and isolation guidelines for COVID-19. The District is reviewing those updated guidelines, but until further notice, we will continue to follow a ten (10) day quarantine period for individuals who have tested positive.
- Wash your hands frequently and use hand sanitizer throughout the day.
ESUHSD Audit Committee Seeks Volunteers to Serve on District's Audit CommitteeTop of Page
Our VisionTop of Page
Our MissionTop of Page
Core ValuesTop of Page
Commitment to Excellence:
We believe in continuous improvement through a culture of openness, inquiry and collaboration. We honor those who take responsibility, demonstrate creativity and take initiative.
We see diversity as a valuable asset that enriches our world-view and strengthens our community.
We allocate resources, develop practices and cultivate mindsets to ensure that each student meets or exceeds standards.
We model personal and professional integrity through processes that are respectful, transparent and proactively engage parents, students, staff and community.
We believe in and invest in the development of each employee and volunteer in our system.