"School Bus Drivers Keep Education Rolling"
CDC GUIDELINES FOR TRANSPORTATION
TO AND FROM SCHOOL
• Require families to screen students for COVID-19 symptoms before they board the bus/van.
• Ensure at least six feet of distance between the bus/van driver and students when seated. These may include use of physical partitions or visual cues (e.g., floor decals, colored tape, or signs to indicate students where they should not sit or stand near the bus operator).
• Ensure bus/van drivers and students wear face coverings at all times while awaiting and riding on buses/vans.
• Maximize physical distancing between students on the bus/van by limiting available seats to the extent practicable (e.g., every other row available for seating).
• Students from the same family and/or the same classroom should be instructed to sit together whenever possible to minimize exposure to new contacts.
• Buses/vans should be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected daily after transporting an individual who is exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms.
• Increase ventilation on buses/vans by opening any operable windows, to the greatest extent possible.
• Provide bus/van drivers with extra face coverings for students who lose or forget to bring their face coverings.
• Provide bus drivers with disinfectant wipes and disposable to support disinfection of frequently touched surfaces during the day.