ESUHSD does not wait to notify close contacts upon the initial report of a positive case. However, we do wait for official confirmation from the Santa Clara County Public Health Department before listing the case on this dashboard. This could result in a delay of cases appearing on this dashboard or a discrepancy between the number of notifications received and the actual number of confirmed cases (when the case is not confirmed positive by public health).
- ESUHSD is counting all positive confirmed cases who were on campus during their infectious period (2 days prior to the onset of symptoms or 2 days prior to the testing date).
- ESUHSD is not counting students who are placed into the Independent Studies Program.
- Staff members who are assigned to multiple sites are counted at their primary site of placement
- Ed Center Staff is comprised of employees such as bus drivers, instructional coaches, job training techs, etc... who provide service to multiple sites.
Once the district learns of an individual who has tested positive at a school site or office, these steps will be followed:
- Isolate individuals if present and advise of any required self-quarantine
- Consult with Santa Clara County Public Health Department
- Clean and treat any affected areas
- Conduct contact tracing to determine close contacts*
- Immediately notify anyone within ESUHSD determined to have had close contact* and advise of any required self-quarantine
- Follow any additional recommendations from the Santa Clara County Public Health Department
*Close contact is defined by CDPH as being within 6 feet of an individual who tested positive for more than 15 minutes within a 24 hour period.