Charter School Tenant Improvements
Tenant Improvements Managed Directly by Charter SchoolTop of Page
Charter School shall not make any alterations, additions or improvements to the dedicated space or to any portion of the high school site without the prior written consent of the District. Charter School shall submit a written request to make alterations to the Assistant Director of Facilities Operations with a copy to the Director of Facilities, provided that no alterations to the structural infrastucture of the dedicated spaces or the high school site by charter school shall be allowed. The written request for approval shall at a minimum include the following:
- A description of the proposed alterations;
- The name of licensed and/or registered design professional that will be in general responsible charge of ensuring the alterations are made in compliance with Title 24, including any required reviews and certifications by Division of the State Architect.
- The proposed construction and work schedule and work hours.
The District may approve or disapprove the proposed alterations in the District’s sole and absolute discretion. If the alterations are approved then charter school shall be solely responsible for the performance and completion of the alterations.
Once approved, all work shall be subject to the following requirements:
- The licensed and/or registered design professional in general responsible charge of ensuring the alterations are made in compliance with Title 24, including any required reviews and certifications by Division of the State Architect, shall accounts for conflicts and/or impacts to HVAC, lighting, power, fire alarm, security and other systems.
- Prior to awarding a construction contract, provide construction documents to the District for review and written approval by the Director of Facilities.
- Construction work shall be subject to State public bidding requirements, shall be performed by licensed and bonded contractors paying prevailing wages and subject to the District’s Project Labor Agreement, and all contractors shall maintain and provide proof of minimum levels of workers compensation and liability insurance consistent with District’s construction requirements.
- All alterations shall be performed in a workmanlike manner and shall be subject to all applicable laws and requirements, including building codes and regulations and prevailing wage laws.
- Damage to adjacent facilities resulting from construction shall be corrected immediately.
- During the performance of any work of approved alteration, the District shall have the right to inspect the performance of such work provided such inspection does not unreasonably interfere with the performance of such work.
- Upon completion of construction, coordinate District Facilities Department review and approval of construction workmanship.
- Upon completion of construction, provide as-built construction documents to the District Facilities Department for its records.
- Upon completion of construction, provide copies of all correspondence, meeting notes, forms, reports, and any other documentation provided to Division of the State Architect pertaining to the improvements.
- Upon termination of occupancy, remove alterations and restore facilities to a reasonably similar condition to that which existed at the commencement of the Agreement.
Charter school may, at its sole cost and expense, make other physical alterations to the dedicated space that are temporary, nonstructural, decorative, or cosmetic in nature (including hanging bulletin boards, hanging murals, and other paintings). Charter school may paint the interior of the dedicated space. All paint shall be in accordance with District Facilities Design and Construction Standards. All work shall be performed in a professional and workmanlike manner. At the expiration of the term of the Charter School Facilities Use Agreement or the termination thereof, the dedicated spaces shall be returned to the District in their original condition and color, ordinary wear and tear excepted.