AHERA - Annual Notification
East Side Union High School District is committed to maintaining a safe, hazard-free environment for its school community.
If you have questions, please contact the Facilities Department at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 408.347.5100.
Asbestos Management Program
The District is in compliance with applicable State and Federal regulations pertaining to asbestos management, to ensure that our facilities are safe for our students and staff.
- Every three years, the asbestos in our facilities is re-inspected by an AHERA-accredited inspector. The accredited inspector visually re-inspects and re-assesses the condition of all known or assumed friable asbestos containing building materials (ACBM), visually inspects previously considered nonfriable ACBM and touches it to determine if it has become friable, identifies homogeneous areas of material that have become friable since the last inspection developed required records, and submits the records to the AHERA Designated Person within 30 days of re-inspection.
- Six-month periodic surveillance inspections are conducted by an AHERA-accredited inspector.
- When asbestos containing building materials are disturbed or removed during construction projects, the work is performed in compliance with California's Asbestos Standards in Construction (8 CCR Section 1529). Contractors are registered with CalOSHA to perform such work using certified technicians. The District hires an independent industrial hygienist to oversee the work, to ensure that the contractor and its technicians are following required safety protocols, practices and regulations.
The following documents are available for review at the Facilities Department, located at 830 N. Capitol Avenue in San Jose, CA 95133.
- Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act (AHERA) Management Plan
- AHERA Three-year Reinspection Summary
- Six Month Reinspection Reports