skip to main content

Intradistrict Transfer Process

The Governing Board desires to provide enrollment options that meet the diverse needs and interests of district students. Students who reside within district boundaries may apply for enrollment in any district school. The Superintendent or designee shall determine the capacity of each school and establish a random, unbiased selection process for the admission of students from outside a school's attendance area. In accordance with law, no student currently residing within a school's attendance area shall be displaced by another student transferring from outside the attendance area.
The Intra-District Transfer Application is used when requesting a transfer from one East Side Union High School District school to another East Side Union High School District school.  Transfers for the following school year may be submitted to the student's home school beginning March 1.  Intra-district transfer requests must originate at the student’s school of residence and are submitted online for consideration to the principal or designee.
Transfers must be approved by both schools involved in the transfer.
Any falsification of information received, or any withheld information may result in refusal or revocation of the request.
Failure to maintain satisfactory achievement and/or citizenship during the period of intra-district attendance or for other appropriate reasons may result in revocation of that privilege and reassignment to another school, which could include the original school of attendance.  In all cases of revocation of intra-district transfer agreements, notification will be made to the parent or guardian prior to withdrawal from the current school of attendance.
All California Inter-Scholastic Federation and Central Coast Section rules and regulations regarding athletic eligibility shall apply to persons covered by this policy.  Students transferred due to disciplinary reasons will not be exempted from loss of athletic eligibility under the “compelled” clause of the California Inter-Scholastic Federation and Central Coast Section Constitution.
All intra-district agreements must be renewed on an annual basis.
To apply for an intra-district transfer, click on the link below to access the online application.