Mental Health & Wellness Social Workers coordinate the overall Mental Health & Wellness program at their school sites. They work to coordinate services provided by community-based agencies, provide supervision to interns, provide direct services to students and collaborate with staff members and families regarding students' mental health & wellness needs.
We don't just SURVIVE, we THRIVE!
MH&W Center provides a number of free and confidential* services and supports to the school community including:
- Calming & De-escalation spaces
- Crisis intervention, educationally related mental health counseling services, support, and case management.
- Building trusting relationships with students, families, and school personnel.
- Maintain the confidentiality of students and families.
- Home visits to understand and address barriers to learning.
- Linking students and families with school and community resources.
- Collaborating with all school personnel to assess students’ social/emotional obstacles to academic success.
- Assist teachers and administrators in developing plans to help students with academic and behavior problems.
- Develop/facilitate/coordinate wellness prevention and intervention programs and activities.
**Some services may require parental consent.