Accel Middle College
3095 Yerba Buena Road
San Jose, CA 95135
What is Accel Middle College?
Accel Middle College is a cooperative program between East Side Union High School District and San Jose/Evergreen Valley Community College, located at Evergreen Valley College. Accel juniors and seniors simultaneously attend college courses during the morning and high school classes in the afternoon. Student receive high school and college credit, which enables them to complete their high school education while experiencing college early. All classes, including high school courses, are held on the Evergreen Valley College campus.
Who is it for?
- Students who are capable of handling a rigorous and accelerated academic program
- Students who will thrive in a small, supportive school located on a college campus
- Sophomores with at least 80-90 credits and juniors with at least 140-150 credits by January
- Students who have a good attendance record and a 2.0 GPA or higher
- Students who have completed Algebra I/Integrated Math I and are currently enrolled in Geometry or higher
- Students who are currently enrolled in Biology, Chemistry and Physics
- Sophomores who are currently enrolled in English 2, juniors who are currently enrolled in English 3
How do I find out more?
Students and parents must attend an informational meeting. Accel applications are only available at the recruitment and informational meetings. The informational meetings are held in the evening at Evergreen Valley College in the Gullo II Student Center. The Gullo II Student Center is located in the center of the campus. Please call (408) 274-7900 x6881 or email email@example.com
to receive information regarding the informational meeting date(s) and time(s). Click here
to view the campus map. Parking is available in any student parking lot on the campus for $3 (daily permit fee). Exact change required for parking.
How do I apply?
- Register for the Evergreen College placement test by calling (408) 274-7900 x6636 and indicate you are a candidate for Accel Middle College. You may do this before or after attending a meeting.
- Student and parent/guardian must attend a recruitment and informational meeting to receive an application
- Submit application:
- U.S. mail: Accel Middle College, Evergreen Valley College, 3095 Yerba Buena Road, San Jose, CA 95135
- Hand delivered: May be dropped off at Evergreen Valley College mailroom, located in the Roble Building Gallery. Place in outdoor mailbox if door is closed.
- Hours: Mondays through Thursdays -- 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
- Fridays -- 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Closed on weekends
For more information:
Accel Middle School
(408) 274-7900 x6881